The popularity of Durban Poison is rapidly growing worldwide due to its energetic, uplifting effects and sweet, cheese-like smell. It is the ideal strain for those who would like to stay productive throughout a busy day, as it sparks creativity.
Durban Poison is a suitable pick in the morning since it provides you with another kind of cerebral high. You can use it to treat conditions such as anxiety and depression. What’s the best part? It is newbie-friendly, as it is easy to grow.
The strain has a bright green appearance that has a red tinge at the end. The flower buds are compact, narrow, dense, and large. When grown outdoors, it can grow to a tall height and produce more flowers. This Durban Poison: Cannabis Review will inform you all you need to know about the strain.
In this review, we’ll take a close look at Durban Poison strain info to learn more about why it has been popular since the Seventies.
Origin of Durban Poison
This marijuana strain shares its name with a city, Durban, South Africa where it originated from. Its pure Landrace genetics is what gives it a massive resin-filled gland. Though it has strong traces of African roots, it managed to get through to the United States. It is known for its extracts like cannabis concentrates. What’s more? The Durban Poison grows to a height of 8 feet.
The Durban Poison gives users a feeling of joy, new energy, and creative ideas. It has a sweet smell and taste of citrus grapefruit. It has been in existence since the 1970s, and many people love it for its 100% Sativa purity.
Growing Durban Poison Seeds
Also referred to as the “coffee” of cannabis, the Durban Poison weed strain is easy to grow. One of the benefits of the Durban poison marijuana strain is that it’s resistant to mold and diseases. The plant is suitable for outdoors and indoors. Below are some other things that will be useful to those who want their Durban Poison strain yield to be high.
Durban Poison can grow well in an environment with temperatures that range from 65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. If the environment you are growing the marijuana plant is CO2 enriched, you can raise the temperature to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. During the vegetative stage, it is advisable to grow the plants at 85 degrees. As the flowering period approaches, drop the temperature to below 80 degrees.
Many farmers who grow this cannabis strain prefer to grow it indoors. The hydroponics method is the preferred choice when it comes to growing the Durban Poison seeds. The climate that the marijuana strain strives best is the Mediterranean weather.
Feeding Durban Poison Plants
When growing the Durban Poison strain, the essential fertilizer components that the plant needs are Potassium(K), Nitrogen(N), and Phosphorus (P). Since the strain is 100% pure Sativa, you can opt for lighter feeding. As the plant grows, be on the lookout for any signs of nitrogen burns. Additionally, sulfur, calcium, and magnesium are the next essential nutrients for the Durban poison plants.
Focus more on the nitrogen concentration as the plant approaches the vegetative stage. If you opt for the hydroponic growing medium, add a tablespoon of hydrated lime. Essentially, this provides the soil with plenty of calcium, nitrogen, and magnesium.
Lastly, ensure the drainage is in good working condition. With an excellent drainage system, you can water your plants after every 3 or 4 days. You can decide to add Perlite to the medium, as it fastens the plants’ growth rate because of the well-developed root system.
Flowering & Yield
This strain has a flowering time of approximately eight weeks. When it comes to Durban Poison strain yield, you can collect about 18 to 21 ounces per 3×3 feet. When you grow the plant in an outside environment, it will do well if the soil is rich in fertilizer. The essence of fertilizers is so that the plant can have high yields.
Keep in mind that your Durban Poison strain yield depends on how well you take care of it. So make sure the marijuana plant is hydrated appropriately.
Before harvest season, the Durban Poison buds give off a pleasant scent of candy, pine, pepper, Lemmon, and lime. Unlike other Sativa strain products, the strain has buds that are thicker and larger in circumference.
Experiencing Durban Poison
Durban Poison weed strain is the best cannabis strain that you can use to lighten up your mood. Whenever you feel low, one or two puffs will energize you and give you a euphoric feeling.
The Durban Poison marijuana strain has a sweet aroma that consists of spice, pine, and lemon. Smoke from this strain is thick and filled with a sweet earthy aftertaste.
The Durban Poison has an average THC amount of 20% and has 100% Sativa levels. The strain is also used for medical purposes.
You may choose to smoke the strain on its own or together with edibles. However, you need to be on the lookout for the THC content if you decide to use it in edible form. The Durban poison is a very stimulative marijuana strain that you cannot wish to overdose on.
It is not suitable for use when you intend to work on a creative-related project. When high on Durban Poison, your mind becomes active, and you will take less time to complete the task at hand. The euphoric feeling that rushes through your body lifts your spirits almost immediately.
Durban Poison Feminized Seed Properties
|Plant Type||100% Sativa|
|Climate||Indoors | Steppe | Mediterranean|
|Flowering Time||8 weeks|
|Yields||18 to 21 oz per 3x3ft|
The effect it provides can seem similar to the one given by a strong cup of espresso coffee. You will experience an energizing effect that can help boost your productivity. If you don’t have a good social setting, this strain of weed will put you at ease. Here are some of the advantages that you will experience when you take the Durban Poison.
You become more creative – Durban poison strain is suitable for creative endeavors; it provides users with a forum to contemplate and enjoy performing their tasks. Best of all, your health cannot be negatively affected when using it.
Maintains attention and is an anxiolytic – Durban Poison helps users maintain attention and feel comfortable in the public. Also, it helps those who are suffering from social anxiety.
It helps cure some diseases- This plant is among the curative plants that are ideal for diseases such as chronic pain and sleep problems.
The Durban poison has a few cons effects. These include:
- When high on Durban Poison, your driving mood can get affected, leaving you paranoid and insecure.
- It can also make you panic, and it is suitable for daytime use rather than nighttime use.
Durban Poison Taste & Smell
The Durban Poison marijuana strain has several scents. The scent of diesel and cheese is the dominant one in this strain. The other scents include citrus, floral and earthy scents that come from the terpene profile. When getting high on the Durban Poison strain, it produces a strong, thick, and earthy taste.
Durban Poison As Medical Marijuana
The strain can still be used for medical benefits although it has low CBD content. Durban Poison can be used to cure the following:
- You can use this strain to control spasticity if you have multiple sclerosis.
- Our Durban Poison strain review found that you can use it as a tool for pain and management.
- Research suggests that you can use this strain to treat depression.
- It is known for its capability to provide a user with a euphoric mood that helps cure persistent anxiety.
- It has anti-inflammatory effects
The effects result in brain and body inflammation. This is the main reason why users who overdose on Durban poison weed strain get depressive and manic episodes.
- It has stimulating effects – This makes it suitable for people who suffer from inattention like ADHD and ADD. Durban poison provides a user with the right amount of stimulation to help one focus.
- It is suitable for patients who are always moody and depressed.
Durban poison provides a gentle stimulus that makes a user feel energized, more creative, and productive when performing their daily tasks.
- This marijuana strain comes in handy in speeding up the metabolism process of a user.
- It is suitable for patients suffering from a lack of appetite.
- This strain can be used medically to sort out any eating disorder. This is made possible by speeding up your body’s metabolism. In turn, you burn more calories and have a boosted appetite. This is very helpful in the case where a patient is wasting away on diseases.
- Can be used by cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- The Durban Poison cannabis strain can be used to cure nausea -Patients suffering from nausea daily are encouraged to try this powerful cure. Use the product in a smokable form to relieve nausea. In the end, a patient ends up eating more and eventually gains a healthy weight.
- Helps improve lung capacity – It is scientifically proven that smoking weed does not harm your lungs in any way. In other words, smoking cannabis helps increase your lung capacity.
- Helps you lose weight – If you take a good look around, you can never spot an overweight frequent cannabis user. This is since cannabis helps regulate insulin levels while maintaining calorie levels.
- The Durban poison weed strain can be used in autism treatment.
Most cannabis users can attest to the fact that marijuana helps them to calm down and control their moods. This weed strain assists children who are undergoing autism and rampant mood swings.
- This medical marijuana helps users who get seizures from time to time.
Research proved that CBD can help control seizure levels in a patient.
- Help treat patients with glaucoma – Glaucoma is a medical condition that causes additional pressure on the eyeball. In turn, it is very painful for a patient to withstand. Marijuana reduces the pressure on the eyeball while offering some relief to the patient.
- Help treat patients with PTSD symptoms – PTSD disease is not only common in veterans, but it is also common in individuals who undergo trauma. The Durban poison marijuana strain has played a huge role in preventing the situation from becoming serious.
- Helps provide relief to patients who have more than one sclerosis. Having several sclerosis can be painful. Luckily, the Durban poison weed strain is known to provide relief for such conditions. Multiple sclerosis causes painful muscle contractions. They can be countered by this marijuana strain.
- Help treat patients suffering from inflammatory bowel diseases – The Durban poison offers patients with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis some relief. The THC content is responsible for enhancing the immune response. As it does so, it also interacts with the cells that are responsible for gut functionality. Durban Poison helps block off bacteria, not forgetting the major causes of inflammation.
- Help treat patients suffering from alcoholism – This is one of the health benefits of the Durban poison strain. It is without a doubt that cannabis is safer compared to alcohol. It is an added advantage if you substitute cannabis with alcoholism.
Where to Buy Durban Poison Seeds
Durban Poison strain is suitable for smoking during the daytime. It provides you with a good high while maintaining concentration. Also, it helps stimulate creativity, sociability and boosts your mood. This strain continues to gain popularity due to its primary medicinal health benefits.
If you want to purchase the Durban poison seeds for your personal growth, head over to ILGM. Here, you are assured of getting high-quality Durban poison seeds that are sprout guaranteed. Lastly, in case it fails to sprout, the ILGM seed company will refund you the exact amount of funds spent.